Personal data Affinity may collect from you
Affinity may collect and process personal data (information) that you provide us in any of the following ways:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on any of our sites (‘our site’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, any inquiry through the Get in Touch section of the site, an online employment application or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you may provide in connection with our Pay on Demand initiative.
- If you contact us for any purpose whatsoever, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Affinity may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, country data based on the IP address, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
You may decide not to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain parts of our platforms or you may not be able to fully utilise all our services.
Affinity may also collect and process personal data (information) that we collect from you in any of the following ways:
We may collect information about your computer that does not, by itself, identify you by name, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. The purpose of the data is to improve effectiveness of the site, to help diagnose problems and to administer the site.
Affinity may also collect information during your visit to our website through automated tools, including web beacons (also known as web bugs), embedded weblinks and any other commonly used information-gathering tools.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share passwords with anyone.
Where your personal data is used
We use personal data collected and held about you through this website in the following ways:
- To ensure that content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To respond to your requests and thereafter to process your requests and deliver the requested materials and information. Any personal data requested by us will be the minimum to enable Affinity to deal with the request. Where additional information is requested, this will be marked and its provision is voluntary.
- To administer our Pay on Demand initiative.
- To provide you with information, products or services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Upon your acceptance, we may contact you via your email, telephone or address provided. The purpose of the data collected is to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements and services for marketing purposes or promotional activities and to respond to any of your requests. In addition, in case of a job application, the information will be kept to be able to respond back to you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Sensitive information is not sought through this website except where legally required or for legitimate purposes. However, if you decide to provide such sensitive information, the information will be accepted as explicit consent to use that information in connection with the purpose for which it has been provided.
Sharing of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- In the event that we sell, buy, merger, consolidate, transfer, change in control any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In the event of reorganisation or liquidation of our company whereby such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable laws, the disclosure of personal data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or any other governmental request.
- Information provided by an employee in connection with our Pay on Demand initiative will be shared with the employer to the extent necessary to enable us to administer the scheme.
- If we may be required to provide personal data in response to a court order, warrant, government investigation, any procedure issued by authority, or as otherwise required by law. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe that there is a threat to the information stored in this website, or in order to protect or defend our rights or the wellbeing of our users. In general, we may release certain personal data in accordance with applicable laws in cases where we believe that the release of the information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
- We may contract with any third-party supplier to provide any services for operating this website, for any requests or for the purpose of supporting our business activities. Any third party providing services to us may be allowed, on our behalf, to access your personal data provided by you for their proper use in connection with the specific services provided.
- In cases where you provide us with your consent to do so. In those cases we will ask you for an explicit written consent confirmation.
Your rights on how your personal data is used
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data in general or for any specific purpose. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your opt-out right will only apply for the specific purpose you have asked us for and therefore we may choose to correspond with you regarding your existing requests or other matters with us or to any correspondence that has already been initiated.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and any other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. Affinity does not have any responsibility or liability for any tracking, data collection or other activities of third parties.
Access to, and correction of, information
Under applicable laws you may have rights of access to, and correction of, your personal information. If you wish to access or inspect the information we hold about you please contact us by email at email@example.com or you may choose to enter our site and view the information we hold about you. Affinity does not assume any responsibility or any liability for confirming the accuracy and the completeness of the information we hold about you. If the information is not accurate or wrong please either send us an email or edit the information yourself in order to be able to update the information. When updating your information, we may ask you some questions in order to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Information access and correction will be free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort in which case we will inform you in advance of the fee to be paid.
Security of your personal data
In accordance with Affinity policies, the group is committed to protect any personal data divulged to us. Affinity implemented industry-standard security measures, technologies and procedures in order to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Our management team, employees and partners are required to keep personal data confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet (by way of an email or other) is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use internal procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Affinity retains information for legitimate business or for legal purposes and will not hold information for a period longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and in the alternative information will be saved for a maximum period of 7 years.